Ola Hallengren‘s free scripts & solution for SQL native backups, index & statistics care-and-feeding, and a generally awesome replacement for native maintenance plans. If you’re stuck on native, at least upgrade to this.
A nice yet abandoned post on legacy LiteSpeed for SQL Server (a Dell/Quest product) extended stored-procedure (xp’s) documentation. Handy when you’re running a significantly old version that is no longer found in official docs.
Three down-to-earth, funny & sharp guys who make the world of software development a little better by taking deep dives into coding topics with an honest & realistic perspective. Leave ’em some 5-star love!
Find it on iTunes
Subscribe directly from iDevice
SQL Server Radio
A little more “internationally flavored”, these guys really know their stuff – not only with SQL Server itself but other relevant happenings and tech in the data storage/science space.
Find it on iTunes
Cloud-centric tech podcast with a nice mix of news, info, & practical interviews.
Infrastructure engineering podcast with entertaining personalities and solid interviews.
Stories of technology careers, culture & lives. Soft-skills focused with consistent quality.
Digital Freedom Productions
To make your podcast sound professional, hire the pros and spend your valuable time doing what you love best. These guys/gals are top-notch in producing & polishing podcast content, and their support is fantastic.
Blogs (which aren’t already covered by Podcasts links):
- Adam Machanic, of
- Aaron Bertrand, of SQL Bad Habits fame and
- Steve Stedman, who makes a terrific free DB health check/reporting tool
- Glenn Berry, whose diagnostic scripts I trust
- Kevin Feasel, not only for CuratedSQL, but also a fabulous set of presentations with some stellar content
- Erin Stellato @SQLSkills (check out all the SQL Skills blogs)
- Clustering for Mere Mortals
- SQLEspresso (@SQLespresso)
- Deb the DBA
- The Database Avenger
Developer blogs from the Coding Blocks community:
- codeshare.co.uk (@prjseal)
- dotnetcore (@gaprogman)
- lukewarren (@lukejkwarren)
- T-SQL Tuesday community blog event (rules), in which I hope to participate soon!
Read, learn, enjoy!